Crock Pot
Oh this is so yummy and versatile you HAVE to try it!
Ingredients
1 C uncooked white rice
28 oz can diced peeled tomatoes
tomato paste
3 C hot water
1 green pepper chopped
2 med sized onions chopped
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 can reduced sodium black beans
1 can reduced sodium corn
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts uncooked and cut into approx 1/2 in cubes (I'll do more chix next time)
1 pack dry taco seasoning
4 oz can green chilies
(Sour cream if you so desire to have it once the meal is cooked. Not to be mixed in the crock.)
Directions
1. Combine all ingredients except the seasoning and chilies in the slowcooker
2. Cover & cook on low for 4 1/2 hours (I cooked it longer because the rice wasn't done. I think more like 5 1/2 or 6 when we finally sat down to eat)
3. Stir in green chilies and seasoning. I actually did this around the 4 1/2 hour mark but you can do it right before serving also.
We had it with toasted wheat wraps the first night and I made it into a burrito type thing the second night. It makes A TON so I may try freezing some and see how that turns out. It's not spicy so it's good for the kids & preggos with heartburn :) My hubby adds hot sauce to give it a bit of a kick.
You can have it on it's own with a salad, you can use it as an enchilada filler, you can make burritos, etc. It's really up to you how you serve it and with what.
No comments:
Post a Comment