Monday, May 23, 2011

Kale Chips

SNACK

Remove the center ribs and stems from 1 bunch of Kale. I actually use the pre-bagged stuff but you still have some to remove.

Tear the leaves into 3-4 inch pieces if they're not already cut up. Try to cook the leaves in groups of similar sizes.

Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil, 2-4 tbsp lemon juice, (or 1 tsp smoked paprika depending on your taste) and 1/4 tsp salt.

Spread on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. They may take longer.

**I haven't found a way to store them so they don't get mushy, but I pop them back in for a few minutes before eating and they crisp right up.

**the pre-cut bag makes more than a bunch of kale so you may need to adjust the quantity of the olive oil, juice or paprika but not the salt. If you like salty things leave it if not maybe go a little lighter. You can always add more.

The WHOLE family loves these, yes even the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment