Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rosemary Chicken with White Beans

Crock Pot

Ingredients:

2 tsp oil
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 c carrots (I use at least twice that)
1/2 c celery, sliced
1 can Great Northern or other white beans, drained and rinsed
(I add 1 package of portabella mushrooms, whole with the bottoms cut off)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 c fat free Italian dressing

Directions:

1. In a large skillet brown the chicken breasts in the oil (med high heat) I just brown them a bit then roll the breast to make it so there is little if any raw chicken showing. This seems to help in keeping the chicken moist. Remove and drain.
2. Place the carrots, celery and beans in the bottom of the pot and add the chicken then the mushrooms.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the salt, pepper, Rosemary and dressing. Mix and pour over the food. Gently mix the ingredients in the crock. Cover
4. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.

I stir it at least once while cooking more if possible.

We have this with rice.

Yummy the next few days too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment